Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide our Services to you.
When you submit an application to our Jumpstarter event, you may provide us information such as your full name, biographical information and contact details (“Personal Information”). When you submit an inquiry or application to our events, you may also provide us content such as your proposal and comments (“User Generated Content”).
We record and retain records of browsing activities on our Site including but not limited to your IP addresses and browsing patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Site and visitors to the Site including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors (collectively, “Browsing Information”).
For the purposes of this Policy, Personal Data refers to Personal Information, User Generated Content, Browsing Information, and any other user related information.
We shall use your personal data in accordance with the personal information collection statement provided by us to you on or before the time of collection of your personal data. Such use may include: we may use your information we collect to pursue our mission and operations and to engage in the activity and related activities for which we collect it. Specifically, we may use your Personal Data: to fulfill our obligations to you and to respond to any questions or requests from you; to contact you about material changes in our Site, terms or policies; to comply with the applicable law(s) or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the requirements of applicable law(s) or to comply with legal process served on us; to provide to third parties as a result of any reorganization process; if you apply for a Jumpstarter event, we will use your Personal Information and User Generated Content you provide to find out about you and share it with service providers and other third parties we view as relevant to the event for which you are applying.
Web pages on this Site may contain cookies or related technology to facilitate your experience with the Site. Cookies are text files placed in your computer's Internet browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not provide your email address or other personally identifiable information. We may also collect information on which web pages you visited or other actions you take while on our Site. We only obtain this information when you choose to provide it to the Site. You may disable cookies in your browser. However, certain functionalities of this Site that depend on cookies may not work if cookies are disabled.
You understand that we may use the information you provide to us to send emails and newsletters to you. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you can do so by following the instructions to unsubscribe set forth in our communication we send to you, or contact us.
(1) Some Personal Data such as your mental health condition, sexual orientation, medical history, or criminal record is considered “sensitive” in some jurisdictions, and is subject to heightened regulation than the other types of Personal Data. We do not intend to collect such sensitive Personal Data from you and any such sharing of sensitive Personal Data is entirely at your own sole discretion and risk.
(2) We do not intend to collect Personal Data from children under the ages of thirteen (13). Please contact us if you believe that we may have Personal Data from children under the ages of thirteen (13), and we will investigate promptly and remove such information upon confirmation.
You are giving us the following particular express, voluntary, and informed consent to a few activities relating to your Personal Data that is disclosed in furtherance of our mission and operations, or for a purpose directly related to such purpose:
(1) Consent to International Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Information. We are involved in programs and activities in a variety of countries. You agree that the Jumpstarter Committee and those with whom we share your Personal Data (“Recipients”) may disclose and transfer your Personal Data worldwide to our affiliates, sponsors and partners, and any other third party service providers for any purpose to further our mission and operations.
(2) Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach. We will safeguard your Personal Data and prevent such information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. If we or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorized access to or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we (or they) may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our Site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our (or their) good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
(1) We keep Personal Data for as long as we think is necessary or advisable and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. We may discard Personal Data in our discretion, so you should retain your own records, and not rely upon our storage of any Personal Data, content, or other data.
(2) Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to inquire and request for a review of, request a copy of, make supplements or corrections to, discontinue collection, processing or use of, or request to delete some or all of your Personal Data at our possession. Please contact us if you have any inquiries as to what information we have concerning you, and submit your new information if your Personal Data has changed.