Personal Information Collection Statement
You acknowledge and agree that you can only participate in the Jumpstarter Event (defined below) as a contestant if you accept the Personal Information Collection Statement. By submitting Your Application or participating in the Jumpstarter Event you agree to be bound by and accept the Personal Information Collection Statement. If you do not agree to this Personal Information Collection Statement, you must not submit Your Application or participate in the Jumpstarter Event:
- This personal information collection statement sets out how the Jumpstarter Committee (defined below) will collect, use, process and transfer your personal data collected in relation to the Jumpstarter Event (defined below).
- It is mandatory for you to provide us with the information marked with an asterisk in this application form, and any other personal data that the Jumpstarter Committee may request, from time to time, and which it indicates as being mandatory. Failure to provide such mandatory data may result in us being unable to process your application form and/or prevent you participating in the Jumpstarter Event.
- If at any time you provide us with the personal data of any third party (e.g. employees, representatives, etc), then you warrant and undertake that you have obtained the consent of the relevant individual to provide their personal data to the Jumpstarter Committee, for it to use and transfer their personal data in accordance with this personal information collection statement.
Purpose of use
- We may use any personal data collected by us for one or more of the following purposes: (i) to process and administer your application form to participate in the Jumpstarter Event; (ii) to communicate with you regarding your application form, the Jumpstarter Event, or any enquiries, feedback or complaints; (iii) to include your personal data in any profile, content, publications, images, recordings and/or materials in any format whatsoever (including, without limitation, any that may be made available to the public) created by or on behalf of the Jumpstarter Committee in relation to the Jumpstarter Event; and (iv) to organise and administer the Jumpstarter Event, including (without limitation) your participation in the Jumpstarter Event (if your application is accepted by us) and to process and finalise any investment (if you are a final winner of the Jumpstarter Event); and (v) to send you marketing materials pursuant to paragraph (5) below.
Subject to your consent, the Jumpstarter Committee will send you information relating to the following:
- the promotion of any services or events operated, hosted or provided by any member of the Jumpstarter Committee in relation to entrepreneurs, business start-ups, technology and any other categories you have ticked in your application form above; and
- research and questionnaires about the services and events hosted and/or provided by any member of the Jumpstarter Committee.
By submitting your application, you indicate your consent for the Jumpstarter Committee to use your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and biographical data for direct marketing purposes in accordance with the above, unless you have ticked the opt-out box below indicating that you object to such use.
- For the purposes set out above, we may transfer any personal data held by us to: (i) other members of the Jumpstarter Committee; (ii) third party service providers of any of the members of the Jumpstarter Committee (including, without limitation, those that provide back-office or IT services, or marketing and promotional services, catering services or security services in relation to the Jumpstarter Event); and (iii) the judges of the Jumpstarter Event who will listen to and select the winning business pitches of the contestants.
- We may also include personal data (including, without limitation, full name, biographical information and contact details) in promotional or marketing materials (including, without limitation, video and/or audio recordings, photographs, live streaming, broadcasts, brochures and adverts) related to the Jumpstarter Event, which will be disseminated to and made available to the public.
- We may disclose any personal data when required by applicable law, or as requested by any court, tribunal, or government or law enforcement authorities, or to bring any legal action or to defend any claim related to you.
Data access and correction rights
- You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data held by us. Any data access request or data correction request, or any other data privacy related queries, may be made by contacting the Privacy Administrator at email@example.com.
By submitting this application form, you understand and agree to the following:
- The Jumpstarter Committee has the sole discretion to determine whether or not to accept or reject your application, for any reason whatsoever, with no liability to you.
- The Jumpstarter Committee shall have the absolute discretion to make any decisions in relation to the Jumpstarter Event, and its decisions shall be final and binding.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate (in whole or in part) your participation in the Jumpstarter Event, at any time at our sole discretion.
- Jumpstarter Committee has the right to amend or cancel the Jumpstarter Event (in whole or in part) at its sole discretion, with no liability to you.
- All costs and expenses incurred by you in relation to your application and/or your participation in the Jumpstarter Event shall be borne solely by you.
- You understand and agree that any data, material or information provided, uploaded, submitted, transmitted or presented by you (in any format whatsoever) by you in connection with or during the Jumpstarter Event, is not confidential and may be disseminated and disclosed by the Jumpstarter Committee and its sub-licences for the purposes of administering, organising, providing, hosting, fulfilling, promoting, marketing, advertising and/or showcasing the Jumpstarter Event. Such data, material or information may therefore become known to the public.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR ATTENDANCE AND PARTICIPATION IN THE JUMPSTARTER EVENT IS VOLUNTARY AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE JUMPSTARTER COMMITTEE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN RELATION TO YOUR ATTENDANCE AND PARTICIPATION IN THE JUMPSTARTER EVENT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE JUMPSTARTER COMMITTEE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND IN RESPECT OF THE JUMPSTARTER EVENT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE JUMPSTARTER COMMITTEE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WHETHER GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, DIRECT, NOMINAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL), INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF TIME; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF BUSINESS; WASTED EXPENDITURE; LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PHYSICAL PROPERTY; BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO GOODWILL, WHICH MAY ARISE IN RELATION TO THE JUMPSTARTER EVENT, WHETHER OR NOT THE JUMPSTARTER COMMITTEE WERE ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS.
The above is without prejudice to the Terms and Conditions for Jumpstarter (https://jumpstarter.hk).
The capitalized terms used above shall have the following meanings:
"Jumpstarter Committee", "we" or "us" means The Hong Kong Entrepreneurs Fund Limited in collaboration with Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited and the Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation; and
"Jumpstarter Event" means the competition co-organised by the Jumpstarter Committee for start-up businesses to compete via the eight (8) semi-pitch events and the two (2) final events in order for three (3) contestants to each receive up to USD 1,000,000 in investment commitment from Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund.